Do you remember the show Twin Peaks and how the big question of the year was Who Killed Laura Palmer? Well, I’ve borrowed that concept to spread the word about my mystery/romantic suspense novel Twenty-Five Years Ago Today. And it’s working! Over the weekend, the book became a Nook and Kindle bestseller – hitting the Top 5 in the overall Nook Store and Top 30 in the Paid Kindle Store.
Since the murder victim in the book, Diana Ferguson, was killed 25 years ago, using the Twitter hashtag #WhoKilledDianaFerguson seemed like a natural fit. These 10 quick facts will give you an overview of Diana.
1. She was a 21-year-old cocktail waitress who waited tables at Rossi’s Bar.
2. Diana was devastated by the death of her father when she was in high school.
3. She had a wild best friend named Raquel.
4. Diana was an artist whose paintings were inspired by Greek mythology.
5. She once painted a picture inspired by the Greek myth of Pandora opening the jar of plagues and releasing them onto mankind.
6. Against the advice of her friends and family, she dated troublemaker Vince Rossi.
7. Diana also dated charming art lover Jared Peyton.
8. She loved to babysit her young nephew.
9. Diana had long straight hair curtaining her serious oval face.
10. Diana Ferguson was killed Twenty-Five Years Ago Today.
See Diana below in the Twenty-Five Years Ago Today book trailer. (Please like and share it on You Tube!)
Freebies from the #WhoKilledDianaFerguson Campaign:
Get 25 Years in the Rearview Mirror: 52 Authors Look Back, the companion book to Twenty-Five Years Ago Today, for free at many e-book retailers. Includes a bonus scene highlighting the last day of Diana Ferguson’s life! Download details here.
Download the brand new free audiobook edition of my short murder mystery, Laundry Day. Performed by award-winning narrator Nicole Poole, who is an Audie Award Finalist, AudioFile Earphones Award recipient, and a recipient of the Publisher’s Weekly Listen Up Award. Since this month is all about mysteries on my blog, this was the perfect time for Nicole and I to unveil our collaboration as a free gift to our readers and listeners. Also a free e-book. Download details here.
Would you like to read a deleted scene from Twenty-Five Years Ago Today and get a behind-the-scenes peek into how authors go about doing rewrites? Sign up for my newsletter and you’ll get the free scene and an interview with Twenty-Five Years Ago Today heroine Kris Langley in your welcome message. Sign up here and you’ll receive 3 issues per year and special perks.